Norwex Laundry Detergent – Review
I had a smelly, stinky problem: my front load washing machine smelled HORRIBLE!
Every time I would open the machine door, it was like someone stuck an old, dirty, bacteria-laden, moldy dish cloth in my face….that’s what the inside tub of the washer smelled like, and that’s what my clothes would smell like when they were finished being washed.
It was pretty gross.
We purchased our front load washing machine just before our second little one was born. Being the penny pinching couple that we are, my hubby and I went on the hunt for an energy efficient washer and dryer that would save us money in the long run . We did our research and decided to purchase a front load machine, which uses significantly less water and detergent than a top load machine….great for our bank account, our well and our septic system.
What I wasn’t anticipating was the smell the would emerge about 6 months into owning it.
Like I mentioned earlier, it was down-right gross.
Make you gag kind of gross.
I tried everything to get rid of the odour – I left the door of the machine open in between cycles to dry it out, I did loads with no clothes, just hot water and lots of bleach, I consistently wiped out the sludge from the rubber seal around the door, I used the HE liquid detergent (like I was told), and I used less than half the amount than the bottle instructed me to, . But the smell remained, and I figured it was something I would have to learn to live with.
Then I became a Norwex consultant, and thought that I should probably try the Norwex Laundry Detergent. After all, I wanted to be able to give an educated opinion about how well the stuff worked. I was really quite skeptical about it’s efficiency……it’s a powdered detergent, and I’ve not had much luck with powdered stuff in the past – my clothes would always come out with white detergent residue all over them, especially my dark loads. So I anticipated that the Norwex detergent would be the same.
I was so happy to be wrong about my suspicions!
The Norwex laundry detergent was NOTHING like the other stuff I had used, and I will never go back to using the store brand laundry soap.
Here are some of the things that are so fabulous about this detergent:
- Norwex Laundry Detergent is highly concentrated. For a top-load machine, you only have to use 1-2 tablespoonsper load, andfor a front load washing machine the amount needed is reduced to 1/2 – 2 teaspoons per load of laundry!
- Norwex Laundry Detergent contains no fillers or perfumes, which means that there is no filler residue left on my clothes. This is great for 3 reasons:
- The fillers and perfumes are usually the cause for allergic reactions and skin sensitivities. My 4 year old who has mild eczema and very sensitive skin, doesn’t react at all to the Norwex detergent – this is GREAT!
- The fillers that stay in your clothes contribute to fading and thinning of the fabric of the clothes, so your favorite, lovely black shirt quickly turns greyish, and stretches out – not such a favorite anymore. The Norwex detergent won’t do this to your clothes. As a matter of fact, since starting with the Norwex detergent, I’ve noticed a significant reduction of lint in my dryer lint trap…..the lint is the fabric that is degraded enough to “fall off” your clothes!
- The fillers from store brand laundry soap, increase the amount of static you will have when you dry your clothes in the dryer, and also the filler residue will leave your clothes “crunchy” if you dry your clothes on a clothesline. The Norwex detergent leaves no filler residue, so your clothes are less staticy in the dryer, and less stiff on the clothesline! (For even softer, fluffier clothes, use the Norwex Dryer Balls in the dryer!)
- It’s Phosphate FREE!
- The detergent is certified HE (High Efficiancy), so it’s great for front load washing machines and the new agitator free top load washers.
- And the MOST fabulous thing about the Norwex Laundry Detergent? The disgusting smell from my front load washing machine has completely disappeared! I had been using the detergent for about 3 weeks, when I noticed that I was no longer being assaulted by the awful smell when I would open the washing-machine door! And the slimy, sludge that would always grow inside the rubber seal is also gone.
I am a satisfied customer.
So there you go… my epic story of laundry.
If you’d like to try the Norwex Laundry Detergent for yourself, CLICK HERE to purchase it through my online Norwex Store.
I’d love to hear your laundry, detergent, and washing machine stories, and if you’ve used the Norwex Detergent, I’d love to hear your thoughts on it in the comments section below!
Oh, and if you love it like I do, please SHARE with your friends!