Odour Eliminator – Review
I finally got around to trying the Norwex Odour Eliminator, and it has quickly become one of my favorite Norwex products. This stuff is biodegradable, and chemical-free. It’s enzyme-based, and the “critters” in it eat through the bacteria that causes organic odours. Odour Eliminator removes organic smells instantly, safely and without toxic chemicals.
The first place I tried Odour Eliminator was in my young son’s plastic toy chest, where I’ve discovered he likes to hide his pyjamas if he’s wet the bed. By the time I figured out what was happening, the urine in my son’s clothing had permeated the toybox so thoroughly, and the toybox smelled so disgusting, that I was just going to put it out in the recycling and buy a new one. But when I put some Odour Eliminator and water in the toybox, swished it around and let it sit for twenty minutes, the smell vanished! Amazing. I have also discovered that a capful of Odour Eliminator in my laundry will completely remove the urine smell from my son’s pyjamas and bedding!
Where can I use Norwex Odour Eliminator?
Norwex Odour Eliminator removes organic odours. Here are some ideas of where you might use it:
- on carpets & furniture as a (light) spray-on room deodorizer
- in diaper pails and cat litter boxes
- in stinky washrooms
- in musty basements
- in the washing machine to remove underarm odour, musty smells, campfire and cigarette smoke, and other organic smells from clothing.
- anywhere that a pet may sleep or had an accident (gets rid of the smell of cat pee!)
- on kids beds… especially those with bed wetting problems (great for wiping down plastic mattress covers with, if a child has had an accident)
- NOTE: Some people use Odour Eliminator in their carpet steam cleaners for neutralizing of odours,DON’T DO THIS!; the product foams up and isn’t great for your machine. Instead, I use Norwex Carpet Stain Buster, which is actually formulated for machine use.
Other things to know about Odour Eliminator
- has a 3-yr shelf life (keep it out of direct sunlight)
- it is highly concentrated, so must be diluted with water
- it leaves no residue and will not stain