The Norwex Microfiber Enviro Cloth is absolutely my favorite Norwex pick, and probably the most used Norwex product in our house. If I were to rate this on a scale of 1 – 5, this handy little cloth would be a definite 10!
This cloth cleans EVERYTHING in my house, and has replaced all of the chemical cleaners I used to use ~ Every home should should have one of these! Here are some of the reasons why I love it so much:
1. This microfiber cloth GRABS dirt, soap scum and general grungies like nothing I’ve used before.
The reason for this is because it’s made of such a high grade microfiber ~ each strand is a mere 1/200th the size of a human hair. Translated, this means that the Norwex microfiber cloth has a HUGE amount of surface area grabbing the dirt from whatever you’re wiping, making it great for both dry dusting and wet cleaning. One of my favorite uses for the Antibac Enviro Cloth is in my bathroom ~ the sink, bathtub and tub surround. Gone is the Comet and Mr. Clean! Using a minimal amount of elbow grease this cloth cleans the ring-around-the-tub, soapy water spots on the tub walls, toothpaste spatter, hard water spots, and general grossness found in bathrooms. It leaves everything streak free and eliminates the chemical residue other cleaners leave behind.
The Norwex Microfiber Cloth picks up and holds onto the dirt and anything else on your surface, safely eliminating it from your house, without using harmful chemicals. As I already mentioned, I have stopped using chemical cleaners thanks to this amazing cloth, because I don’t need them to get things clean.
3. The Norwex microfiber cloth is “self purifying”.
There is a silver-based antibacterial agent embedded right inside the tiny microfibers. This design helps to inhibit bacterial odor, mold, and/or mildew growth within the cloth while it’s hanging to dry. One of the major benefits of this is that your cloth will resist that all too familiar, yucky smell!
Norwex Antibac Enviro Cloth – Cleans EVERYTHING in your house!
4. The Norwex Enviro Cloths actually cleans better and faster….period.
In my attempt to “go greener” in our home, I have tried other green cleaners, including the home made ones using baking soda and vinegar. I am rather embarrassed to say that I always reverted back to my bad habit of using chemicals.
The reason? I just didn’t find that the green methods cleaned as well.
Then my sister gave me the gift of a Norwex Microfiber Cloth, and I skeptically started trying it in all the different rooms of my house. In all honesty, I was amazed. In every way this little cloth surpassed my expectations. Not only did it clean better, but I also discovered that my house stayed clean longer. Chemical cleaners leave a sticky residue where they’ve cleaned. When dirt settles on this sticky residue, it essentially gets “glued” down, making it more difficult to clean off. So, when I eliminated the chemicals, I also eliminated sticky chemical residue, which resulted in surfaces that no longer attracted dirt or encouraged the dirt to really stick, which led to less cleaning and faster cleaning.
I have had many people ask me how the Norwex Microfiber cloth differs from the microfiber you can buy at the dollar store.
I explain to them that there are 2 major differences.
- Norwex microfiber is a MUCH higher quality microfiber than what you would find at the dollar store or even Superstore or Costco. Each Norwex microfiber is split upwards of 200 times per thread (for superior ‘grabbing’ power), whereas the store variety of microfiber thread is split as few as six times per thread. The cleaning power of a dollar store microfiber cloth is significantly diminished after only a few washes, where as Norwex microfiber cloths have been shown to last seven years or longer, and even after 500 washes, studies have found that an Enviro cloth is still just as effective at removing EVERYTHING from the surface being wiped, as it was when it was brand new!
- Unlike the dollar store variety, which you can not put in the dryer after laundering, the Norwex microfiber CAN and SHOULD be dried in the dryer, and the hotter the setting the better! It may not seem like such a big deal until you try fishing them out of your wet laundry… it’s a bothersome hassle!
How To Use Your Norwex Enviro Cloth
DRY – Simply fold into quarters and wipe dusty surfaces. When finished, take the cloth and shake it outside to release the dust.
WET – Wet the cloth and rign out the excess water. Again, fold the cloth into quarters. Wipe the dirty surface, making sure to keep the cloth flat against the surface rather than “bunching” up the cloth when wiping – this allows for maximum surface area contact which means maximum cleaning. For spot removing, spray water on the surface being cleaned and then wipe with a damp cloth. When the one side of the cloth gets dirty, simply flip the cloth over and use the other side, then unfold, and use another quarter of the cloth, and so on, until all parts of the cloth have been used. When it needs to be rinsed, just rinse the cloth under warm/hot running water, while rubbing the cloth against itself to release the dirt. Wring it out, and start again!
I encourage you to test this cloth! ~ I continue to be amazed at it’s cleaning abilities! It will remove old stains from your carpets, take smells from the rim of your toilet (eewww!), wipe grease and stuck on “stuff” from kitchen surfaces, and get soap scum and hard water scales off your bathtub and shower….., oh, and if you want truely streak-free mirrors and windows, wet your Antibac Enviro cloth with water, wipe the surface, then polish with your dry Antibac Window Cloth. You absolutely will NOT believe how great the result is!
For more detailed information on how to take care of and properly wash your microfiber, you should read my rambling posts: